About Paden Eye Care Center
Our office provides an exceptional level of care in Southern, OR. Our vision care center administers comprehensive treatments for a range of eye conditions, including glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and cataracts.
In addition, we’re dedicated to delivering a range of eye care products to ensure we can meet the needs of every patient in our comfortable environment. We’re proud to provide an exceptional level of care to patients in Southern, OR.
Meet Philip Y. Paden, MD
I was teaching chemistry at Cornell University when I decided to pursue a career in medicine. As I finished my MD degree, It was clear to me that eye care (ophthalmology) was a natural choice because I had been doing professional technical photography from high school on. Being familiar with optics, imaging, and physical chemistry made ophthalmology training a breeze.
A lot was known about eye care then (1983 – 1986), but in the 35 years since then, breakthroughs have been made in the care of all common eye diseases, with the ability to treat wet macular degeneration the most significant.
I have never regretted my decision to pursue eye care. Making the correct diagnosis and treatment choice is clearly important but, almost as important, is communicating all of that to the patient (and the family) in a way that can be actually understood. This makes the whole encounter more pleasant and satisfying for all involved.
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology (with Honors)
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Oregon
- Health Sciences Center, Portland, OR
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Waterbury
- Hospital (affiliated with Yale University), Waterbury, CT
- MD: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- MA: Science Education, Cornell
- University, Graduate Division, Department of Chemistry and School of Education, Ithaca, NY
- BA: Mathematics, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- BS: Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS (with Honors)
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Former Lecturer and Program Instructor: Department of Chemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Recipient: DuPont™ Outstanding Teacher Award at Cornell University
- Consultant: Heidelberg® Engineering, Bio-Logic Aqua® Technologies, Alcon® Corporation, Ellex Corporation, Nova Vision
- Awarded: “Best of the Best”, Mail Tribune
Meet Dr. Do
There is so much to know about eyes and the visual system, and how everything connects to the rest of the body. Through my optometric education and clinical externships, I have gained experience in treating glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eyes, and many other ocular conditions.
I truly enjoy getting to know every patient, as each encounter and each pair of eyes is a unique story. I look forward to working with patients here at Paden Eye Care Center.
- OD: Pacific University College of Optometry, Forest Grove, OR
- BS: Allied Health Biology Major, Winona State University, Winona, MN (with Honors)
- Externships: Cooweescoowee Health Center, Ochelata, OK;
- Silverton Eye Care, Silverton OR;
- Lebanon VA Medical Center, Lebanon, PA;
- Chu Vision Institute, Bloomington, MN
- Associations: American Optometric Association,
- National Optometric Association,
- Oregon Optometric Physicians Association